Saturday, August 14, 2010

My 4 Month Old!

What's new with my 4 month old...

We would have had our pictures taken and posted yesterday, but we had our well baby visit which included 2 shots, so needless to say smiles were a little low around our house. Actually our day included 2 doses of Tylenol, lots of sleep and too many tears to mention. But we are all better today!

  • Ellis weighed 13 lbs and 2 ounces (25-50%) and was 25 1/4 inches (75-90%) long.
  • Her appt went great other than the shots, we can start cereal anytime we choose (I'm thinking I'll hold off for a while longer though.)
  • Ellis can roll over (back to tummy) with lightning speed - I have video, and I'll post it soon.
  • Once on her tummy, she'll tolerate it for only a moment before grunting and whimpering until I roll her back over
  • She CAN belly laugh, although she chooses to only do it once before deciding whatever made her laugh to begin with is no longer funny - so I have yet to get it on video! Little stinker!
  • She is still sleeping great with only 1 night feeding (4am to be exact) and taking about 3-4 naps a day, although we're not regular about their length.
  • She all of a sudden, despite much practice, decided not to take a bottle anymore. This leaves much stress on my part since I go back to school in 1 week. I'm hoping she'll figure out that a bottle is the only way she can eat once we get on a routine and I'm not around. Let's all keep our fingers crossed!
  • She found her feet and loves to hold them as I change her diaper!
  • She also figured out our dogs and loves to watch them, particularly when they are running through the yard.
  • She still has a hard time falling asleep at night... actually evenings in general seem to be difficult. She is still a morning baby!
  • I can't believe we already have a 4 month old!
I wanted to post a few more pictures from our little photo shoot today. She really wanted to help me take a picture of her right foot...





It sure is a cute little right foot!

Check out previous months: Month 1, Month 2, and Month 3


1 comment: