This is a little late, but better late than never! These pictures were taken by our fabulous neighbor for a little Father's Day gift for Brady. I was happy with the way they turned out so I thought I would share...
Monday, June 28, 2010
Sunday, June 13, 2010
Things that have happened in the last month...
- Ellis turned 2 months old.
- She had 2 shots, which she would describe as horrible. And they were.
- She weighed 9lbs, 15oz (25%) and was 23 3/4 inches long (75%) - we have a long, skinny baby!
- She can smile, coo and laugh! At people and ceiling fans!
- Her hair has gotten so long that her mohawk will barely hold its style.
- She is the proud owner of 2 chins, a couple of rolls and a few dimples proving that she likes to eat!
- She also likes sleeping on Mom or Dad, gazing out windows, looking at herself in her play mat mirror, bath time and of course ceiling fans!
- She does not like tummy time, waking up or trying to fall asleep on her own.
This is month 2 in our "Watch Me Grow" series. Review month 1 here.
Hope you enjoy! I'm sure I'll be back in no time with month 3!
Friday, June 11, 2010
I think almost all my friends have a blog... a trend started by April Murray. She also started the fancy camera trend among other things! That April is such a trendy gal!! Anywho, some of our blogging friends have started posting about their favorite things. SO... here I go! You should as well!
1. My Chi... possibly the best invention ever if you aren't one of those girls with perfectly stick straight hair. Its wonderfulness doesn't stop at straightening... it also does curls! It is the only hair styling tool I own, except for my Chi blow dryer (also amazing)! I really don't remember life before the Chi, but it must have been awful!
2. The Wubbanub... A holder for the Soothie pacifier. The weight from the stuffed animal helps keep paci in baby's mouth. It also gives them something cuddly to hold on to. We currently have 3 (all with very special names): Alasandro the Pink Pony, Maurice the Giraffe and Mr. T the Blue Puppy
3. Tummy Soother... Better and cheaper than Gripe Water. We've already went through bottles of this stuff (Ellis is 8 weeks). I found it at Walgreens.
4. Bottle Medicine Dispenser... way easier and faster than giving medicine with a dropper. Got mine at good ol' Walmart!
5. Snow Cones!! Enough said... especially if you know me! I honestly craved them the whole time I was pregnant...I'm sure I was about to drive everyone around me crazy whining about them! After much searching I finally found an acceptable stand in Jenks @ 111th & Elm. If you go, try the Granny Smith Apple, its my fave!
6. I said I was only going to list 5, but I also love my Sleepy Wrap... again April started me on this product (really... what would I do without her... it sounds like I'd have more money!) Ellis rides around in it daily. This picture is my view when she's in the wrap... Isn't she pretty?!?!
Thursday, June 10, 2010
Thursday, June 3, 2010
April, Travis, Schafer and Andy came to visit us Memorial Day weekend! A good time was had by all! Schafer particularly enjoyed playing in our big, flat, fenced backyard, especially because Tattoo and Piper will let him chase them. He ended up exhausted, dirty boy! Travis & Brady grilled us some AMAZING beer can chicken! They also did other boy things that my sleep deprived brain can't remember. Ellis & Andy did baby things... you know eat and sleep! April and I (April took the pictures, I helped arrange our sweet babes!) managed to get a short photo shoot in of the babies. Enjoy!
Sleeping on Mommy!
Sleeping in Daddy's arms!
(notice the pose)
I also have Alasandro the pink pony and Mr. T the blue puppy.
Mommy is the most often recipient... Daddy managed to escape it until week 7!
Admiring myself in my play mat mirror!
I also like ceiling fans, looking out windows, eating and being outside.